You should defragment this volume. Seriously.

I just wanted to share this. So, I was at work the other day and a woman who works in my department was complaining that her PC was acting slow. She had a fairly old PC (Dell Optiplex GX400) from about 10 years ago. Now when I first see the screen she has about 4 instances of Excel running, 2 of Word, and 4 windows of IE6 (so non-tabbed). I check the specs and this lil PC was humming along with a whopping 512MB of RAM. SO... I attempt to optimize the workstation, which is running XP of course, and after cleaning registry, tweaking performance settings, etc. I go to defrag the hard drive and get this:



WOW...Colors I'd never seen. Just a blast from the past I wanted to share. It's amazing how far PCs have come. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment